For some of us today, very familiar reads. For others, first time ever. My challenge to you is to read both chapters as if you NEVER read them before. Not even heard them at church. Completely Fresh. Completely from God. Don’t skim. I am not blogging today (did I just hear someone say Amen!!) but I surely want to know which one THIS TIME reading it was the read for YOU.
- Jesus heals the man with Dropsy (Swollen Limbs) For some of us we are in awe over how much Scripture was given to what is lawful on the Sabbath. What are you doing on your Sabbath?
- Jesus teaches about seeking humanity. When you do something for someone else, examine your thoughts and motives, and whether you tell other people about your good deeds.
- Jesus tells the parable of the Great Feast. I think on the day of Judgment many of us will be surprised.
- Jesus teaches about the cost of being a disciple “If anyone does not hate their father and mother…..” Our lives are filth and sinful. We need to submit to Christ and love Him and what He did more than anything else. Otherwise we may not truly understand what He did for us. Who do you Love?
- Jesus tells the parable of the lost sheep. Ohhhhhh I love this one. God used this parable to bend me out of shape a few times when I said “I don’t like when my church does….” He said “It’s not about you!!! I am going for that lost sheep”
- Jesus tells the parable of the lost coin. Again, our reaction to ones Salvation? Do we rejoice when that coin is found?? (And are we even helping to look for it??)
- Jesus tells the parable of the lost son. An extremely familiar read that NEVER gets old to read. WOW. Everytime a read it there is something TOTALLY different that stands out to me! I wish I had kept a “Prodigal Son” journal through the years.
Would love to come home to COMMENTS today!!